When you’ve got sensitive skin, it feels like anything can set it off.
- hot weather and air conditioning
- cold weather and heating
- changing weather
- stress and being too busy
- cleaning products
I have sensitive skin. My skin can be red, it can be itchy, it can be dry, and it can be oily, all at the same time. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?
Fortunately, I discovered the Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin range a few years back. And now I’m really pleased to see that there’s body products in the Almond range. Between this and Weleda’s White Mallow range, I reckon Weleda skin care has sensitive skin covered!
- Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin Body Wash – soap free, and pH balanced. It cleans your skin and helps regulate moisture.
- Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin Hand Cream – absorbs quickly and isn’t greasy, and really helps guard against dry and cracking skin on your hands.
- Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin Body Lotion – another one that absorbs fast, and it really helps to retain moisture.
Add this to my much loved Weleda Almond Facial Care range, and you’re sorted!
- Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin Soothing Cleansing Lotion – super gentle cleanser that you can use to remove makeup or just the day’s dirt. It’s fragrance free (which is perfect for sensitive skin) and it’s creamy and mild. Your face won’t feel tight after using the Weleda Almond Cleanser!
- Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Oil – possibly my favourite product in this range. I use it to take off my eye makeup, to cleanse my whole face if it’s feeling really dry, and then I use it again under makeup. It absorbs quickly, and my makeup isn’t greasy, but my skin is calm and soothed and hydrated.
- Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Lotion – in summer, I can use just this on top of my facial oil. It’s light, but really moisturising, and I find it calming when my skin is irritated, especially after wearing sunscreen.
- Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream – in summer, I can use this as a night cream for a bit of extra hydration on top of my facial oil, and in winter, I layer it up over the facial oil and the facial lotion. Sometimes, I’ll mix up the Weleda Almond Face Cream with another Weleda favourite, the White Mallow Facial Lotion, which is great for dry skin.
So who should use Weleda’s Almond range?
Obviously, anyone with sensitive skin! All the facial products are fragrance free, which is awesome, because fragrance is a big contributor towards skin sensitivity.
You can use it at any age, too, especially the facial range because you can mix it up according to how much moisturisation you need. Normal or combination skin probably won’t need the heavier duty Weleda Almond face cream.
Other good stuff about the Weleda Almond Range
All the usual wonderful things about Weleda skin care apply:
- All products are NaTrue certified
- They’re all organic or biodynamic
- They grow their own stuff where possible
- They buy fair trade where they don’t grow their own
- Wild harvested ingredients are sustainably sourced to promote biodiversity
- There’s no synthetic fragrances, preservatives – nothing synthetic at all
- No GMOs
- No parabens
- No petrochemicals
- They don’t test on animals
Weleda are a fantastic company, with the highest ethics. They’ve been around for over 90 years, and were one of the founders of the NaTrue natural and organic cosmetics certifications. I’ve stocked them at Hello Charlie and used them personally for over 10 years, and they definitely come highly recommended.
Sensitive skinned people looking for a natural skincare range – Weleda has you covered!
You can shop the range right here at Hello Charlie.